We can help you take advantage of the new permitted development rules.
Whether you’re a small scale developer planning to take advantage of the new permitted development rules to turn rundown office space into exciting new flats, or an experienced commercial property developer, funder or occupier looking for expert legal advice on development work, we can help. Our specialist commercial development team can bring the benefit of years of experience to bear on your project, from site assembly, through the negotiation of planning agreements, development leases and funding arrangements, to the sale or lease of the completed units.
At Howell Jones we are well equipped to help you through the process and to maximise the opportunity that the new permitted development rights gives you as a developer. We can help with:
- Title investigation; identifying restrictive covenants and other obstacles to development, so that you can avoid costly complications later on;
- Planning agreements; unilateral undertakings and permitted development issues, so that you achieve the best possible outcomes with the local planning authority;
- Development lending and bridging finance; steering you through the myriad pre-conditions and requirements of commercial development lenders, particularly when dealing with non-mainstream providers;
- If you are thinking about using a special purpose company to carry out your development, our commercial lawyers can take you safely through the process;
- Guarantee and warranties; NHBC, LABC, Architect’s Certificate – we can help you to decide which is best for your development;
- Bringing your completed units to market, using our local market expertise in residential conveyancing and commercial property to complete a seamless service from site assembly to end-user occupation.
It sometimes seems as if building is the easy part; that the system, though supposedly simplified by the introduction of the permitted development rules, remains an obstacle to the developer who just wants to get on site and build. We can help to smooth the way, to avoid unnecessary expense and delay, and to have the system work with you rather than against you.
We want you to succeed, time and again, as you build your development portfolio. Because a happy and successful developer will come back to us, time and again.
To arrange your free 30 minute consultation, please telephone and speak to one of our lawyers for free on 0800 037 1625 or fill in the online form to request a call back and someone will ring you within 24 hours.
You can access any of our commercial property lawyers at any of our offices spread throughout Surrey, Hampshire and Greater London including Kingston upon Thames, Bordon, Cheam, Canary Wharf, Leatherhead, Raynes Park, Surbiton, Tolworth or Walton on Thames.