What others say
“Jo Cullen assisted me with a compromise agreement. The whole process was extremely efficient and any follow ups or questions that I had were dealt with immediately. I would have absolutely no hesitation in referring anyone to Jo Cullen or indeed Howell Jones Solicitors. I would certainly contact you in the future should I find myself in need of any legal assistance.”
“Jo provided a very speedy service from a quick appointment, helpful advice, prompt response with paperwork and a very quick result. Very impressed and I am grateful for the assistance provided.”
Experience & expertise
Jo is an employment specialist with extensive experience of both contentious and non-contentious work, acting for both employers and employees offering legal and practical advice on a wide range of employment issues including;
• Employment contracts and directors’ service agreements
• Independent contractor agreements
• Employment policies and procedures
• Workplace disputes including disciplinary and grievance, bullying and harassment, performance and sickness absence
• Business re-structures and alternatives to redundancy
• Enforcement of restrictive covenants and confidentiality clauses
• Representation at employment tribunal, high court and county court for claims including unfair dismissal, breach of contract/constructive dismissal, discrimination (sex, race, age. disability and religion), whistleblowing and unlawful deduction of wages.
• Compromise agreements
Jo also supports the business services team on corporate transactions involving employment matters, drafting, reviewing and updating employment contractual documentation to ensure compliance with the latest legal developments and the avoidance of risk. Jo is a member of the Employment Lawyers Association.
Jo is one of the owners of the firm.