If your company is restructuring, merging or acquiring another business and redundancies are to take place, careful planning and advice is required to ensure a smooth transition.
In a redundancy situation it is imperative for an employer to adopt and follow a fair procedure. Failure to do so can lead to claims in the Employment Tribunal for unfair dismissal and, where appropriate, failure to comply with consultation obligations.
We can help you
Our specialist employment solicitors can guide you through all aspects of the redundancy process, including
- selecting the redundancy pool
- identifying and applying redundancy criteria
- reviewing alternative employment opportunities
- fulfilling both individual and collective redundancy consultation obligations
- advising on both statutory and enhanced redundancy payments
- dealing with challenges by employees against their selection for redundancy and any unfair dismissal claims.
- Drafting settlement agreements to record terms of settlement
Reorganisation of a business
Where a business merger or a restructure is required we can guide you through the process and provide you with clear employment advice that takes into account your business objectives. We ensure your business is protected by ensuring compliance with the complex legal requirements.
We often work closely with our colleagues in our company, commercial and business law team to ensure we prove a seamless and comprehensive service that meets all of your objectives.
Please telephone and speak to one of our employment lawyers for free on 0333 003 1767 (8.30am – 9pm weekdays, 10am – 4pm weekends) or fill in the online form to request a call back and someone will ring you within 24 hours.
You can access any of our commercial employment lawyers at any of our offices spread throughout Surrey, Hampshire and Greater London including Kingston upon Thames, Bordon, Cheam, Canary Wharf, Leatherhead, Liss, Raynes Park, Surbiton, Tolworth or Walton on Thames.