Howell Jones is looking to recruit a Conveyancing Assistant to provide to administration and legal support within a small team of lawyers in the residential property department.
The role is primarily to provide administration and legal support. The main duties and responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to the following:
- Opening files electronically and setting up paper files
- Providing cover for telephone and email diverts
- Photocopying and scanning
- Seeing clients to take initial paperwork where required
- Undertaking conflict & ID checks for client
- Speaking with estate agents and other solicitors on the telephone
- Speaking with clients on the telephone
- Checking incoming documentation
- Logging incoming post
- Updating and utilising case management system during the property transaction
- Ensuring file checklists are up to date and followed correctly
- Being organised, hardworking, motivated and enthusiastic, ability to work with pressure and have good attention to detail
- Assisting with running cases and carrying out all required administration duties on a property transaction from instruction through to exchange and completion.
- Undertaking accreditation and internal training within specific timeframes when required
- Using internal and external systems where appropriate and necessary to complete tasks
- Retrieving and filing away archive files
skills and experience required.
The successful candidate for this role will be educated to at least GCSE level (including Maths and English) and must have 1 years experience in the legal sector, ideally within a Residential Conveyancing department, although this is not essential.
A high level of organisation, administration and communication will be required for this role as the candidate will be supporting lawyers within the department as well as having to meet their own administrative objectives.
This role requires an individual with excellent attention to detail and the ability to work well and under pressure and to tight deadlines.
Demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills and have an excellent telephone manner.
Maintain a professional appearance, have excellent client care skills and be able to multi-task and prioritise.
Candidates should be self motivated and enthusiastic about their work and focused on their self development and the development of others within the team, ensuring contribution to the department is maximised.
This would suit a junior legal professional who is looking to develop themselves further and focus their career on the legal sector, particularly within the Residential Conveyancing sector.
The role provides an excellent foot in the legal world and we provide a range of personal development opportunities for the right candidate.
Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, Outlook, Teams and Excel.
Experience of case management systems and digital dictation.
apply for this opportunity.
Howell-Jones LLP is committed to providing equal opportunities and to avoiding unlawful discrimination in employment. We shall ensue that no job applicant shall receive less favourable treatment because of their gender, sex, marital or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, colour, race, ethnic origin, religion, disability or age.