Details of our fees for bringing and defending claims for unfair/constructive dismissal, discrimination and wrongful dismissal/unlawful deduction of wages claims are available as an easy to read PDF file, downloadable for easy reference.
Unable to download the files? Call us and we’ll post you our prices instead.
For other types of claim we will provide you with a separate estimate based on our hourly rates. For guidance, a claim for breach of contract / unlawful deduction of wages will cost between £7,000 – £15,000 (plus VAT) depending on the complexity of the case.
Our fees are based on the time spent on a matter. Our current rate is £230 per hour plus VAT.
additional cost factors.
The cost of a case relates directly to its complexity. Some of the factors that could make a case more complex include:
- the need to make or defend applications to amend claims or provide further information about an existing claim
- defending claims that are brought by litigants in person (where your opponent chooses to represent themselves)
- making or defending the application (such as for additional disclosure, costs or for further and better particulars)
- complex preliminary issues such as whether the claimant is disabled (if this is not agreed by the parties)
- the number of witnesses and documents involved
- automatic unfair dismissal claims e.g. if you are dismissed after blowing the whistle on your employer
- allegations of discrimination which are linked to the dismissal
how long will my matter take?
The time that it takes from taking your initial instructions to the final resolution of your matter depends largely on the stage at which your case is resolved. If a settlement is reached during pre-claim conciliation with ACAS, your case is likely to take up to 4-6 weeks.
If your claim proceeds to a Final Hearing, your case is likely to take 6 – 15 months depending on the time estimate for hearing and availability of the Tribunal at which the claim be will be heard. Where a separate remedy is listed, this can add a further 4 months to the above estimates.
This is just an estimate and we will be able to give you a more accurate timescale once we have more information and as the matter progresses.