Andrew is a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Legal Executives, having begun his training in London in 1990. He started his career with Alison Trent & Co. working on largely High Court and Court of Appeal matters. He then moved to become an Associate with Colemans-ctts, heading up their International Team. He is now one of our Partners (being one of the owners of the firm).
Andrew’s specialism is in commercial and civil litigation including business dissolutions, contract, negligence, civil recovery, commercial leases, intellectual property (including passing off), civil fraud and contentious probate. Andrew also works with our Commercial Team on business transactional and contract work.
Andrew has had notable success across a number of cases. Here are some of his most prominent:
– MTL v Willmett Solicitors and Kerry Smith  EWHC 488 (Ch) (strike out)
– Global Icons Europe Limited v AM Brands Ltd (contractual interpretation and repudiatory breach of contract)
– The Secretary of State for Business Innovation and Skills v Mr Charles Baba and another (alleged breach of director’s duties)
– Crawford & Co Adjusters (UK) Ltd v CCSW Ltd (limitation)
– Terence Comber v Robert Boast (partnership and fraud)
– (1) Stephen Hemsley (2) RBS Trustees (CI) Ltd v (1) Chrisopher Arnold (2) Sarah Meurisse (fraud)
– Cairds (Epsom) Ltd v (1) Paul Michael Boud (2) Cairds (Ashtead) Ltd (shareholders’ dispute, trust property and protection of IP)
– Michael Hamblin v TWM Solicitors LLP (professional negligence).
As well as his work with the firm, Andrew lectures on law privately and as a consultant lecturer in litigation law to Guildford College. He is an author and contributor of legal and marketing texts and an editor and copywriter for legal webinar scripts.
areas of work.
Disputes / litigation
Do you want to make a claim? Is someone claiming compensation from you? Litigation is used to describe the process...
Protect your business with our team of experienced and knowledgeable commercial lawyers. Business disputes come in many guises and our...
debt recovery solicitors. Use our efficient and experienced debt recovery lawyers to recover money you are owed. Our robust but...
Company, commercial and business law
Protect yourself and your business with our knowledgeable and experienced commercial lawyers. We act for new business start-ups, owner-managed businesses...
I have been very happy with your service under extremely difficult circumstances and I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend you.
Many, many thanks for your help over the past two years – it is a great relief to us to have this settled. Thanks again, you have been a superstar!
Andrew has proved of excellent advice and the legal strategy that he devised led to a very satisfactory outcome, whereas other firms that I had initially contacted were either not hopeful for a solution or would only offer to seek a settlement at a bargain.