Why should I use howell jones solicitors to make a will? Helen Hotten, partner in the Wills and Probate department sets out 5 important reasons:
- You can be more confident there are no mistakes. Common problems with wills, like using the wrong witnesses or forgetting to have it signed, could mean it is invalid when you die. Using a solicitor should minimise the risk of things like this happening.
- The complicated bits are done for you. The law surrounding inheritance (including Inheritance Tax and trusts) is complicated. Solicitors will be familiar with the law and will be able to help you make the most effective choices especially if you have assets abroad; your run a business or if your family position is complicated – perhaps you are unmarried cohabitees; you have children with a previous partner; or you want to make special arrangements for children or a family member with a disability.
- We advise you. We listen to you, we ask you questions and we advise you on the best structure for your will based on your specific family circumstances and assets. All too often we see homemade wills or wills prepared by will writers that do not achieve the intended aim because no one has stopped to think if the will, will actually work.
- Your will is stored safely. If we help you to write your will, we will store the original for you safely, free of charge.
- You are protected if something goes wrong. Solicitors are regulated and the regulator imposes and enforces very strict standards and professional conduct levels in respect of everything solicitors do. The highest quality insurance is compulsory for solicitors, should anything go wrong. Our cover is for up to £20 million for each claim.