Probate and the administration of an estate
We can help you
The period following the death of a loved one is a difficult and emotional time. Unfortunately, there are many legal and practical matters that need to be taken care of. With our sympathetic and sensitive approach we help many clients deal with these matters. We can offer as much or as little help as you feel you need.
We can assist with the important legal matters including
- finding out the size of the estate
- checking the tax position (including inheritance tax)
- applying for grants (a legal document needed to deal with the estate)
- collection and realisation of assets
- payment of any debts
- agreement and payment of taxes
- distribution of assets appropriately in accordance with the will or the laws of intestacy
- advise on potential ways to save inheritance tax, even after the death has occurred.
What can you expect ?
Our team has vast experience in helping the personal representatives in the administration of estates of all sizes and complexity. We ensure the estate is properly administered thereby protecting the personal representatives. We take the burden away allowing you time to deal with the more personal matters.
Call us for free and without obligation
You need to satisfy yourself that we are the right choice for you. Please telephone and speak to one of our solicitors for free on 0800 037 1625 or fill in the online form to request a call back and someone will ring you within 24 hours.
You can access any of our wills, probate and power of attorney lawyers at any of our offices spread throughout Surrey, Hampshire and Greater London including Kingston upon Thames, Bordon, Cheam, Canary Wharf, Leatherhead, Raynes Park, Surbiton, Tolworth or Walton on Thames.