Jo holds an LLB (Hons) in Law and an MA Res in Law. Jo joined Howell Jones as a trainee solicitor and has since progressed into litigation and employment Law. Jo is a partner with Howell Jones.
Jo specialises in employment law and her extensive experience of both contentious and non-contentious work means she acts for both employers and employees offering legal and practical advice on a wide range of employment issues including:
- employment contracts and directors’ service agreements
- independent contractor agreements
- employment policies and procedures
- workplace disputes including disciplinary and grievance, bullying and harassment, performance and sickness absence
- business re-structures and alternatives to redundancy
- enforcement of restrictive covenants and confidentiality clauses
- representation at employment tribunal, high court and county court for claims including unfair dismissal, breach of contract/constructive dismissal, discrimination (sex, race, age. disability and religion), whistleblowing and unlawful deduction of wages.
- settlement agreements.
Jo also supports the business services team on corporate transactions involving employment matters, drafting, reviewing and updating employment contractual documentation to ensure compliance with the latest legal developments and the avoidance of risk. Jo is a member of the Employment Lawyers Association.
When not working, Jo relaxes by getting into the kitchen and baking delicious cakes.
areas of work.
Feel confident in your position with our team of experienced employment solicitors. Employment law is complicated, challenging and changes all...
Employment and staff issues
We’re here to help you navigate a path through the employment law maze for a successful business and happy team....
Company, commercial and business law
Protect yourself and your business with our knowledgeable and experienced commercial lawyers. We act for new business start-ups, owner-managed businesses...
Jo Cullen assisted me with a compromise agreement. The whole process was extremely efficient and any follow ups or questions that I had were dealt with immediately. I would have absolutely no hesitation in referring anyone to Jo Cullen or indeed Howell Jones Solicitors. I would certainly contact you in the future should I find myself in need of any legal assistance.
Jo provided a very speedy service from a quick appointment, helpful advice, prompt response with paperwork and a very quick result. Very impressed and I am grateful for the assistance provided.